Freeview is the biggest TV platform in the UK. According to the most recent count, Freeview is used by over 18 million homes, almost 95% of the entire nation’s most popular shows. It also offers more than 20 000 hours of TV on demand. The best part of it is that it is totally FREE!
That’s right. The entire country can watch the telly for no cost at all! Seems like quite a deal right? Ignoring this free offer would be like looking a gift horse to the mouth. Curious how you can get Freeview on your TV? Read it here. If you want to access Freeview on your TV, all you need is a Freeview Aerial. We can help you there! Aerialforce offers same-day Freeview aerial installations so that your house can enjoy all of this free programming in no time!
Best CCTV installers and Aerial engineers near you
This article will guide you through the steps on how to retune your Samsung TV.
If you happen to have a Samsung TV, there is a chance that it might not be compatible with Freeview right away. Don’t despair. You just have to take a few additional steps so you too can get to watch the most recent episodes of Line of Duty, Glass Houses, Our Girl, and Celebrity Supply Teacher on your smart tv.
Samsung TVs that are manufactured before 2016 will still have Freeview installed. You can read about how to set up Freeview on your Samsung TV here. However, if your Samsung smart TV is one of the newer models, it would not be able to find Freeview channels right away. If this is your case, you will need to get a Freeview recorder or a set-top box. Once you’ve rigged up your system, you will be able to access Freeview channels.
The road doesn’t end there for you, though. Your TV reception is not infallible. When your signal wavers, due to bad weather, for instance, you need to know how to retune Samsung TV to the right frequency. When you’re losing channels, follow the steps we’ve written down so you can get them back.
- Find your TV remote
- Turn on your TV and press the Menu button. This will open the settings menu
- Look for the aerial icon on your settings menu and press OK. The settings for your aerial should appear
- Look for the “Auto Store” option on the list. Click OK on your remote control
- The auto tuning process will start once you have pressed OK. Wait for your TV to finish retuning. This usually takes from 1 to 5 minutes. You will get a notification once your TV has completed retuning
- Press the exit button on your remote control
- Check if the tuning process worked. Click the channel list button on your remote so you can access the list of digital channels that you have access to
Did it work? Do you have access to your favourite tv channel? If so, enjoy watching the telly! If it didn’t, it might be best to call for a professional aerial engineer to inspect your system. Call Aerialforce now at 0330 173 0805 for same-day TV aerial services.